By LaKisha Mosley
Some of us struggle with time management as entrepreneurs especially if you have a regular job. Time is precious and we all get the same 24 hours in a day. As an entrepreneur how we manage time for our businesses matter. Our work-life balance skills must be on point. If you struggle in this area, here are a few tips to help you.
- Write down everything you’re working on along with the time you start and end it.
- This allows you to see what tasks you are doing and how long it takes you to complete them.
Audit your time
- Look over the tasks you work on or complete to see where you are spending your time.
Eliminate time wasters and distractions
- Assess the things that waste time and get rid of them.
- Close the multiple browser windows. Put your phone away.
- Turn off notifications for entails, text messages and social media.
Learn to batch
- Do similar tasks at one time. For example, if you blog then pick a day to just write blog posts. If you need to design graphics, then do just that for a certain time period.
- Outsource or delegate those things that you’re not as good at or take you too much time to do.
- This frees up more time for you to do other tasks.
Have a plan
- The night before make a list of things you need to do on the next day.
- In the morning, review that list and make adjustments where you need to.
LaKisha Mosley is the owner of The LM Experience, an event management boutique and the owner of a lifestyle blog about family, family and love. You can connect with her on IG, FB and Twitter @lakishammosley.