Becoming the Best You!
By Keywana Wright
Be your best and let your light shine.
Be your best and let your light shine! So be careful how you live. Don’t live like ignorant people, but likewise people. Make good use of every opportunity you have, because these are evil days. Ephesians 5:15-16
Be your best and let your light shine.
- Always do your best and watch yourself become the best you! You are on display for others to see. As Christians, we are the light of the world. We are on display daily to represent God. Someone is watching how you act and react to something. What you do or don’t do; What are you reflecting when people look at you? when others see you do, they see Christ in your life? Men look at the outer appearance. But God looks at the heart. We don’t have the able to see men’s heart. However, we see the outer expression of the person.
- I want to encourage you today to be your best. God has already defined who you as a Christian? Psalm 139: 14, says” I am fearfully and wonderfully made”. God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. Genesis 1:31 God thinks of you and me as being very good. Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory. Romans 15:7
- While on the path to becoming the best you. Remember this is a daily walk. Only you can build your characteristics. How you talk is a representation of who you are? Colossians 4:6 says” Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each other. Let your speech always reflect Christ. Be sure to speak life and not death. Make sure you are showing love and kindness towards each other. The bible says” with love and kindness have I drawn thee.
I have five steps that can help you to become the best you.
- Believe in yourself
- Be teachable
- Be willing to change
- Mental makeover
- Spiritual development
- Believe in yourself-Often as believers, we believe in everyone else those around us but don’t believe in ourselves. We spend time praying about everyone else’s issues. And often neglect our issues. We spend time encouraging everyone but don’t encourage ourselves. David teaches us a valuable lesson, especially when it’s seems you are under attack. You must be like David, who encouraged himself in the Lord. After he encourage himself his confidence returned. He was able to purse his enemies and recover what had been taken from him in 1 Samuel 30:6-8.
- Be Teachable-You must be able to be teachable. Be careful not to have an attitude I know it all. Because you can always learn something new. Something that can help you. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. Proverbs 9:9
- Be willing to make changes- We all can change somethings in our lives for the better. If you are like me change can be hard at times. However, remember change is important. We are always changing with time. God will order our steps in his word. It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps. Jeremiah 10:23. The holy spirit will help you in making changes to become the best you.
- Makeover– Do you need a makeover in your life right now? Do you need a makeover physically and mentally? I am not only talking about a physically makeover with a new hair style and makeup. What about a mental makeup? A change of mindset to think positive. One of my favorite scriptures I quote often, “let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 2: 5
- Spiritual Development-Last be not least- the most important thing to become the best you. Will be to develop a spiritual relationship with God. God is the only one that can help you achieve the first 4 things I have listed. You must develop a personal relationship with God. The first step is to confess the Lord Jesus as Lord. Second, develop a prayer life. Thirdly, develop a devotion time to read your word and other books.
In conclusion, I encourage you today to become the Best you! Remember becoming the best you require you putting the work in. Be willing to change, be teachable, having a positive mindset, and developing and maintaining a relationship with God. This will help you to become the best you. Remember every opportunity you have,” let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father which is in heaven”. Mark 5:16 KJV
Dear God, thank you for this day. I ask that you help us to become the best we can be. Help us to let our light shine in our actions, and through our speech. Amen